Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Self Portrait


The Pear:  A Self-Portrait    by H.S. Sparrow

My hair is burgundy like red wine
with short slightly kinky curls
that lift softly in the breeze.
A closer look reveals
the grey highlights
shimmering like shiny stars
a sign of distinction.

My eyes are like walnuts,
large and round,
and like pecans
soft and brown.

I am beach grass
that sways in the ocean breeze...
bending with every change.
I am a pear
tall but stout.

My heart holds patience
that waits on kids to
bloom.
I am beach grass
that sways with each gust of change.

My students say that
I am
firm, friendly and fair.

Guess where I live?
I live with worms and push up
flowers.

 Braindrain: Get Ready to Write A Self-Portrait

1.         Your name _________________________________________________

2.         Nickname (if you have one) ____________________________________

3.         Age ___________       Where do you live?        _____________________

4.         Physical description:

            skin color          __________________            like       __________________________

            eye color           __________________            like       __________________________

            hair color          __________________            like       __________________________

            hair texture __________________      like       __________________________

            height   __________________            like       __________________________

            size                   __________________            like       __________________________

5.         Distinguishing marks: ________________________ on my ______________________

6.         Favorite hobby or interest:  ____________________________________

7.         Favorite food:    _____________________________________________

8.         Why do people like you?   _____________________________________

9.         What is your favorite saying or comment?  ________________________

________________________________________________________________

10.        Who is your best friend? ______________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment